GCG Business Gardens, Employee Wellness & Volunteer Program
Green City Growers can build a community around your property by creating an active corporate “farm.”
We build and maintain raised-bed, chemical-free vegetable gardens that yield an abundance of fresh vegetables. Our volunteer program benefits your employees by engaging them in the joys of growing food. They participate in a growing movement while exercising outdoors and learning practical skills that they can apply to their own homes and communities.
“Harvard Pilgrim’s relationship with Green City Growers is essential to the production and quality of our organic farms. Thanks in part to their ability to partner with us, we’ve seen our employee volunteers grow from novices into knowledgeable farmers. GCG educates us on every aspect of farming, from seeds to harvest, bugs to critters. We learn, we thrive, we grow!” – Peggy Malumphy, HPHC Volunteer
Employees & Associates Benefits
- Exposure to the importance of eating chemical-free foods
- Hands-on education and learned skills that can be applied both at work and at home.
- Potential for involving the community and promoting healthy eating through programs and donations
- Access to fresh, chemical-free produce grown on your property
- Opportunities for exercise and outdoor at-work activities
- Help you to promote healthy eating at your workplace
- Support for your employees in pursuit of healthy habits and wellness
- On-site Vegetable gardens will help “green” your business
- Potential to give back to the community, including tax-deductible donations to food banks
- It’s something people are talking about: press and publicity opportunities*
*Our gardens have been featured in the NY Times, USA Today, The Boston Globe, WBUR, among others.
Raised-Beds can be placed on any surface: including pavement, cement, rooftops or contaminated lawns. No matter what your soil content, your raised-bed is chemical-free. Raised-beds are also very neat and clean looking, the perfect addition for a business park or well kept lawn. Our raised-beds can be constructed in a variety of colors and designs at your property. GCG also offers adaptive, 3ft tall beds for easier access.
Current & Past Business Clients
- Harvard Pilgrim Healthcare
- Abt Associates
- Massachusetts Medical Society
- Jack Satter House
- Temple Beth Avodah
- Cadbury Commons Assisted Living
- Waltham Crossing Assisted Living Center
- Life Care Center of Acton
Are you a Harvard Pilgrim Healthcare Employer? You can receive 15% OFF your garden installation and free workshops. Check out our program with HPHC.